Friday, June 21, 2013

Dark Blue Velvet Sofa

I want to talk about why I love this sofa. If you are thinking about it...just do it!

Living in Paris where the weather is less than shall we say, this dark cozy yet cool sofa is perfect. Its dark color hides stains my husband likes to make, yet looks really glamorous. The only downside is that if there is a lot of light in your house you can see dust on it during the day. So it must be cleaned very regularly.

There are plenty of ways to accent this piece. For the past two years I have used light blue silk curtains, and a lot of blue and white stripes. From an earlier post you can see my DIY black and white dining table. I also have a pair of antique reupholstered chairs with a similar black white fabric. For my new place however, I am thinking lighter! I want more light pastel colors. Maybe I should do yellow silk curtains. With this piece there are so many choices!














No comments:

Post a Comment